Friday, January 13, 2017

Charlotte City Tote

Swoon Patterns had a sale a few months ago and I couldn't resist. I snapped up a couple patterns including the Charlotte City Tote.
I still had some glitter vinyl from Punkbroidery left over from another bag project so I decided I would test the pattern and my vinyl sewing skills. Swoon has a great tutorial for making your own piping but I had a single package of pre-made piping that worked for this project. I did pick up enough cord to make piping for my next piped project.
The pattern is clearly written and easy to follow. If you decide to try working with vinyl, I highly recommend you get the non-stick foot for your sewing machine. Having some freezer paper on-hand to keep the vinyl from sticking to the machine bed might be a good idea, too. Lengthen the stitch-length and take it slow is the best advice.
I'm pleased with the finished bag. I have learned (yet again) that I am overly picky when it comes to my preferred handbag. I like the bag. It just isn't one I would carry in my day-to-day life.

The nitty gritty details...
Pattern: Charlotte City Tote from Swoon Patterns
Fabric: Classic Sailor Tattoo Fabric (printed on Eco Canvas) by bella-modiste available on Spoonflower
Glitter Vinyl: Gray Silver glitter vinyl roll (12" by 54") from Punkbroidery
Bag hardware: Stainless Steel hardware (square rings, D-ring and swivel snap) from Strapworks.com
All other materials are easily found at the big-box sewing/craft stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.