Monday, February 6, 2017

Polly Cross-Body Pouch

After I completed my Halloween Medallion quilt Hocus Pocus I had made quite a dent in my collection of Halloween prints but I wanted to try out a pattern I picked up by joining the Two Pretty Poppets mailing list. The Polly Cross Body Pouch is an exclusive pattern for the mailing list. It is a great way to try out on the patterns and the bag is pretty awesome, too.
After printing the pattern and reading through it in full, I fussy-cut the outer bag flap panel from my backing fabric. Then I dug around until I found a suitable print for the rest of the bag and lining.
I didn't follow the directions precisely. Not because there is a problem with the directions. The directions are excellent. But because I didn't have the bag hardware needed to make the bag as designed. I really like this little bag. It will be a great running around bag. Just big enough for phone and wallet. I also learned a few things about bag making that I can use in other projects. I will definitely make another. I'm sure these would make great gifts, too.

If you are looking for a well-written bag pattern, please check out Two Pretty Poppets. They might have your next favorite bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.