Friday, April 7, 2017

Everywhere a Critter

As often as I am able, I take time after work to go for a 30-45 minute walk in the woods.
I often come across all manner of critters. Like this turtle, pushing leaves about in the drainage ditch. Or frogs, which are much more difficult to capture with my camera.
Or this young buck foraging. He had about a dozen friends that ran off when I walked up the path. They left, he didn't care about be and continued his munching after looking up to make sure I wasn't a threat.
My most recent encounter was when I found this snake on the grass to one side of the path.
I didn't get close, but the camera on my phone is pretty good. Our guess is that it is an eastern rat snake. It didn't move at all when I stopped to take these photos. I think it was hoping I would just move on and leave it alone, which I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.