Monday, September 24, 2018

Large Format Printing

I recently ordered large format printing for a pattern I ordered online. In the past, I've done the print on my printer using letter sized paper and taped it all together. Many independent designers also offer their patterns as A0 size. That means you can print most of their patterns on three or four large sheets, very minimal or no taping required.
After doing a little bit of homework, I decided to go with PDF Plotting. I discovered they have super-quick service (they printed my pattern the day after I ordered it and shipped it the same day). Even with hurricane Florence barreling down on the East coast I had my pattern in a couple days. Ordering was super easy, even the upload was smooth.

How much to print my pattern? I printed the three sheets needed to print the Relaxed Raglan and Add-on Pack from Patterns for Pirates for $2.50/sheet, plus priority shipping. Totally worth it not to have to print the 30+ pages and taping them together.

Have you used a printer to make printing pdf patterns easier? I would love to hear about your experience.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I wish that I had considered shopping online for these. It’s close to $15 per page at my local print shop. I’ve had appliqué patterns copied and more recently a line drawing of my dog so I could attempt this collage quilting thing.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.