Friday, December 28, 2018

Charity Strings

Last week I shared my progress on some string blocks for Annapolis Quilts for Kids. As we near the end of the year, it is time for me to round up the last of my charity quilt finishes. 
I had made a collection of string blocks using primarily greens, too. I paired the string blocks with some fun 6.5" squares and sewed up a top. 
I did the same with the blue string blocks. I like to pair the string-pieced blocks with a plain block. This helps stabilize the string blocks since they are pieced on the bias. 
No fancy quilting for these simple quilts made with leftovers. Even the alternate blocks are leftovers, usually from backing fabric. 
Now I just need to get them trimmed and bound. These, along with a couple others, will be headed to Annapolis Quilts for Kids in the New Year.

I met my goal of finishing one charity quilt per week for 2018.

2018 Charity Quilt Count: 54

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.