Monday, October 28, 2019

Cranked Socks

Last week I cranked up this pair using Uneek Sock by Urth Yarns. I purchased this yarn locally from Cloverhill Yarn Shop in Catonsville, MD. I loved the many colorways of Uneek Sock so I picked one with purple and that was it. The colors are amazing. I still need to kitchener the toes closed but these are going to be great!
I finally caved in and bought the 72 needle cylinder for my circular sock machine. It's been on my mind for a while. I ordered it, marked the needle positions and loaded it up. The machine was overdue to for a cleaning, so it was a good time to pull out the 64 needle cylinder and clean it. I know I keep saying I'm going to share some tool tips for the circular sock machine, and I will, one of these days. The good news is, when you order a cylinder it comes pretty quickly. Nothing like the lead time on a new machine.

2019 sock knitting count:
  • Cranked socks: 23 pair (no odd socks)
  • Hybrid socks: 2 pair (partially cranked and partially hand-knit) 
  • Hand knit socks: 1 pair

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.