Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Am I Blue

I've been working on this quilt for a long time. This past weekend I finally attached the binding. 
I accordion fold my binding to keep it from getting twisted while I work with it. I know there are loads of tricks people use when winding their binding but this has always worked for me. 
Many years ago I switched from attaching binding by machine and finishing by hand to machine-finished binding. You can check out my binding tips and tricks. I work with 2.5" binding. This results in a wider finished binding (3/8") that I would get using 2.25" wide binding. Again, do what works for you. 
Now I finish binding almost exclusively by machine. I can quickly finish the binding and that means I can move on to new projects. 
I'm pleased with how this one turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.