Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Oops!

And how I fixed it...
Have you ever made a mistake cutting your batting? Well, here is mine. I cut into the batting on the folded edge at about half the width of batting I needed. I measured and cut the right amount and here is how I fixed that first cut. 
Turned the batting face down on my pressing board, and cut a piece of featherweight fusible to mend that first cut. I pressed it onto the batting. You can also buy fusible batting tape that will do the same thing but comes in a handy roll.  
Here is what it looks like from the front. I loaded it onto the frame with the backing and quilt top. The quilting will make sure that piece of fusible never moves and no one will know about that first oops cut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.