Tuesday, June 10, 2008

437 Line Items

The movers came on Monday to fill the house with boxes and boxes and boxes. We checked off 437 line items. Everything appears to be here. As usual, we are amazed at what movers will pack. I know, they don't know it's a silly thing to pack. If you didn't want them to pack it, you would have thrown it away before they got there. I'm really glad I got that little plastic pack with the napkin and the fork, I don't know what I would have done without it.

The dogs were traumatized by the whole affair. They were sequestered in the back yard until the movers were gone. We learned in RI that the best plan is to keep them out of the way. Good news, the movers were done by 2pm and everyone could come back in and sniff around. They were mostly so tired from all the barking that they just wanted to take a nap.

We put together a couple rooms, including the kitchen and the Kid's bedroom. We made ours good enough to keep us from tripping in the middle of the night. We will be at this unpacking thing for awhile yet. I just hope it doesn't take 3 years.

For an update on US2, here is a picture of a piece of it they HAVE paved. I understand that every time it starts raining, they give up. The mud that is the main street is impressive. The rumors say it will be done sometime this year. I have no idea if it will happen, but I'm hoping.

Today I have the Montana Weird Stuff picture. I'll try to include these as I go along. The watch phrase is "We do things a little differently in Montana." I don't know if it's true, but I like it anyway.


This is a picture of some of the available seating at a local fast food place. They serve real hamburgers, foot-long hot-dogs and greasy fries that are wonderful. I wasn't quite sure what we would do if these were the only available seats. I hope I don't have to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.