Tuesday, July 20, 2010

This Little House: Master Bedroom

The Master Bedroom gets a make-over.

When we purchased the house, the walls in the bedroom looked like this:



Paneling on the bottom half of three walls. How hard could it be to remove?

The room was fully carpeted (as long as you don't count the closet).

The carpet was just going to get messy if we left it, so here it is, folded up in the middle of the room. The current plan is to use it in the basement to cover up floors with much less potential than the floors on the main level.
We ripped all of the paneling off the walls. Not an easy task. It was also very messy. Honey wouldn't let me leave a picture of the label out of the blog. If you click it, you should be able to read all about the potential health hazards of having this in your bedroom. Plywood is much sturdier than I would like to believe. The glue they used to keep the panels on the wall was no slouch either.
The resulting mess was spectacular.


I patched the plaster a little yesterday. I'm no expert, but it isn't a horrible job.
The top layer of plaster was pulled when we took down the paneling. Those rough spots are about 1/4 inch deep.
Therefore, it is no surprise that before I'd finished the room (only 1/2 of three walls) the quart of patching plaster was gone.

Time for lunch, maybe time to pick up some more patching plaster. If I keep moving, I might be able to share a picture of what is still hiding under that carpet padding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.