Saturday, October 23, 2010

Summer's End

What good is a sewing suite if you don't get some sewing done?
Here is the newest quilt, all laid out for basting. It's wonderful to have enough space to actually baste a quilt without having to crawl around on the floor.
All quilted and the binding added. Time to watch some DiY network to finish the binding off.
After many hours sitting in front of the television with needle and thread, I've finished the binding.
These fabrics are from Summer's End by Kansas Troubles Quilters for Moda. I had six charm packs that I worried to death to make these two quilts. This is the crib-size quilt made with the reds, oranges and the creams. Everything left over was used to make the larger quilt above.

I decided to go with a larger meandering quilting pattern for this one. I think they both came out wonderfully. Overall, a great way to say goodbye to summer as the weather shifts to a crisp autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.