Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Original Sewing & Quilt Expo, Baltimore, MD (2013)


This year the Original Sewing & Quilt Expo came to Baltimore.  Last year, it was further south, down by D.C.  The change of venue made it so much easier to get to.  So easy to get to that we could take public transport.  Much cheaper than paying for parking downtown.


I was amazed by some of the quilts they had on display.  I took pictures of a few of my favorites.  I tried to be consistent while taking the pictures so I could capture the description of the quilt and all the particulars.  I've joined the two images together for ease of viewing.  If I've made a mistake and given credit to the wrong quilts, please let me know.
I liked this one for the story it told.  Our lives are made up of choices.
Everyone knows I'm a big fan of scrappy quilts.   
They can showcase a multitude of fabrics and bring a little bit of order out of the mostly (for me) unplanned chaos.
I love the idea of working through my scraps.  I've been playing around with it for a couple weeks.  Not enough to share, but it is a start.

That's it for today.  What kind of quilts do you like?  Something with chaos or orderly blocks marching along?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.