Monday, June 17, 2019

Quilts by the Bay

I try to attend a few local quilt shows a year. The closer the show is to my house, the more likely I am to attend. The Annapolis Quilt Guild's Quilts by the Bay is one of my favorites. 
There are often used tools you can pick up, like this embroidery machine for about half the original price. (Similar to this one available from Amazon.) 
Or homemade treats such as this cornucopia of fudge. There were so many flavors!
It was great to see a trio of Good Fortune quilts hanging together. From the left: quilt-makers Marilyn O'Loughlin, Gail M. Lee, and Brenda Shriner. While the mystery quilt isn't still running, you can buy a copy of the pattern directly from Bonnie Hunter on her Quiltville website
I couldn't resist buying a few things. So much for my fabric diet. 
I've been eyeing the Star Storm Quilt pattern from Victoria Findlay Wolfe for a while now. This was a great opportunity to support a local shop that is outside my normal travel distance and pick up this fun pattern. Bought from Capital Quilts, a quilt shop in Gaithersburg, MD.
One of my favorite parts of the show is the Country Store. This is where guild members price their unwanted books, tools, and fabrics at great prices. I picked up a couple yards and ten fat quarters (one of which turned out to be a fat eighth) for a little over $20 after tax. I don't need any more fabric, but at that price it was hard to pass up.

I purchased a total of 3 and 7/8  yards of fabric.

Fabric purchased this year: 11 and 1/2 yards

1 comment:

  1. I really wanted to go to this show but I was just too busy this weekend! Capital Quilts used to be my LQS when I lived in MD.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.