Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Change is Hard (work)

The opportunity to buy another long arm from another member of the quilt community came up and I had to jump. Ever since I took a class at Virginia Longarm I've known the Innova is the machine I wanted.
We disassembled it, loaded it into the truck, and brought it home. After disassembling my Empress, we put all the pieces into the same space and I got to assembling. 
This frame is slightly larger than my old one. The Empress frame maxes out at 10 feet, this one is 11 feet long. 
Sometimes assembly was slow-going. Like when I dropped this bolt into this void. 
Not to worry! Those mechanical fingers come in handy for situations like this. 
The deck on this is a delight! The frame is very sturdy and well-designed. 
I worked on assembly all day. It was a good day's work and totally worth every scratch, bruise, and drop of sweat. 
The biggest upgrade was the robotics. What a joy it is to select a design and let the machine do the work. It makes quilting up charity quilts so easy. I can set it up and work on other projects at the same time. I don't know why I waited so long. I can't wait to learn how to incorporate purchased designs with hand-guided work to make custom quilts. 

Do you live in or near Maryland? Are you interested in a very affordable, entry-level machine? I'm selling my Empress machine and frame. Send an email to staconnie (at) yahoo.com with long arm in the subject line and I will send you a four-page pdf with photos, list of parts included, and the price. Local pick-up ONLY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.