Friday, March 18, 2022

Frolic Mystery Quilt

Part 4: Quilting

It has been ages since I finished my version of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt Frolic. This was the Quiltville Winter Mystery for the 2019/2020 season. I played with colors so I could use some fabrics I had on hand. I went with constant fabrics throughout and most of them read as solids. There are solids, but not as many as it seems upon first glance. 
I added my embroidered label directly onto the backing fabric prior to quilting. I really like this as it makes sure that label stays with the quilt.  
I chose the quilting design Quagmire from Urban Elementz to keep with the on-point design. 
I quilted it rather large (approximately 1" between lines of stitching) and I love the finish. I wonder if I cut binding for this one when I finished the top. Now it's trimmed and ready for that binding. 

You can buy a copy of the digital pattern for Frolic directly from Quiltville

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you shared this picture. I fell behind in the quilt along and ended up buying the online pdf. My computer crashed and died in a nightmare trip across the country after packing up my entire life in three weeks time. This happened before I printed the pdf so I was out the money and couldn't tell by her pictures what to do with all those crazy pieces. I am NOT going to spend $12 again but I would try to assemble my piles by using your picture. Well, it's worth a try, right? Thanks, Stoney Monte

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.