Friday, December 30, 2016

Charity Quilting Strings

I needed some somewhat mindless sewing so I pulled out my collection of leftovers from many, many charity quilts and worked on some string blocks.
These were made using some pretty amazing leftovers. A little of this, a little of that. I used tips and tricks I learned from Bonnie Hunter in the Free Patterns section of Quiltville. Check it out!
I used the Tri-Rec Tool (Bonnie Hunter has a great video tutorial for using this tool) to sneak in this star in a contrasting color. I had just enough leftover for a narrow border. I grabbed some fluffy flannel that has been hanging around in my collection for far too long for the backing.
I was inspired by the border print to quilt swirl flowers as an all-over design.
Bound byu machine and ready to be dropped off at the next Annapolis Quilts for Kids workshop. This brings the 2016 Charity Quilt Count to 52. I beat last year by a couple quilts!

Day 30 of the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.