Monday, September 27, 2010

Exploring Cartagena: Day Two

We wandered about Cartagena the second day. We were mostly looking for a good meal and some shopping. The shopping in Cartagena almost comes to you.Another shot of the clock tower entrance.I'm certain there is a name for this Plaza. I'm also certain that I don't remember what it is. I can tell you that the Hark Rock Cafe is nearby.The narrow, cramped streets in Old City are filled with people and cars. Okay, so there aren't any cars on this one, you must trust me on the cars. This plaza filled with tables and chairs is the seating area for little restaurants around the perimeter of the square. Not really knowing it, we had meals from two different establishments. It still amazes me how many people in Columbia expected me to be able to speak any semblance of Spanish. At least I can reliably ask for the ladies room.

The robust woman is a popular image in Cartagena. Not only is there this huge bronze statue of her, you can also pick up small statues as a keepsake.

The streets are full of street vendors selling jewelry, cigarettes, music CDs and all kinds of other things. There are also wonderful "salesmen" who speak very good English that will show you around the city, taking you to shops that sell everything from emerald jewelry to cigars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.