Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sunkissed

I was asked to create a baby quilt for a brand-new little girl.  I dug through my stacks of fabric but couldn't find anything that was quite right.  Then, I found Sunkissed
Just a touch of pink, but wonderfully playful.  I thought it would make a great first quilt.
I wasn't too sure about the border fabric, but once it was together I thought it pulled it all together very nicely.
The binding led me to choose a bright-yellow flannel for backing.
I thought that the butterfly trail would be a good choice of quilting.  Playful and suitable to the flowered prints.
Here is to little Layla.  May she grow up wrapped up in love.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the beautiful quilt! Layla really loves it. Your craftsmanship is amazing!

    --Layla's Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the beautiful quilt! Layla really loves it. Your craftsmanship is amazing!

    --Layla's Mama

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.