Friday, August 16, 2013

A crib quilt named Dino

A friend has a little one that will be entering the family.  She wanted to make sure her sister gets a hand-made quilt for this new little addition.  She asked if I could help her with the process and of course I said yes.  The fabrics are from Dinosaur Jungle Club by Benartex Fabrics.

I made simple changes to this great quilt pattern to make the quilt more of a crib size and we worked together to cut, stitch, press and quilt this little beauty.  I think it is just perfect for a little one even at this smaller size (around 38" x 45").  I wanted to make the back as much fun as the front.
This size would be ideal for a Quilts for Kids quilt, and I've asked Natalia at Piece N Quilt if I can resize the pattern for this and she kindly agreed.  I'm still working on the pattern, so you'll have to wait a little longer.  (Yes, I know, I just showed you that the pattern can be done, I just need to actually write all that down.)

2 comments:

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.