Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tool Tip Tuesday: Fiskars

A few months ago, I changed the blade in my Fiskars rotary cutter.  This was the first time I changed the blade in this particular rotary cutter (this one is in my kit for going to classes and to Quilts for Kids) .  The blade then developed an unsatisfactory wobble that made it next to impossible to use safely.  Changing the blade didn't help.  Tightening the thumb screw didn't help.  I was very unhappy about it so I purchased a new one.  While reading the packaging, I saw that the manufacturer warranty is pretty good.  I wanted a replacement rotary cutter so I hopped over to their website to file a claim.
They want some information from you when you file a claim.  They asked for a picture, where I purchased it and when I purchased it.  As you know, if you've been reading this blog for any amount of time, I buy stuff all the time.  Even if I did have a box full of receipts finding a specific receipt would be next to impossible.  So, I submitted the claim with just the picture.  Yes, that picture above.  That is my proof that I own the rotary cutter in question.
A few weeks later, I received a replacement rotary cutter in the mail. That's it, no questions asked.

I know there are other rotary cutters out there.  I know people have their favorites.  I'm just going to say that Fiskars will keep my business because they've earned it.  The first rotary cutter I ever purchased is the one still on my cutting table.  I've had it for over a decade.  I'm not even sure when I bought it. This new rotary cutter is back in my to-go kit waiting for another class or retreat or Quilts for Kids.

Do you have a favorite cutting tool?  Or a tool that you've had for years and refuse to give up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.