Friday, November 13, 2015

Electric Boogalloo Cowl

A few post ago I told you about a local quilt shop I discovered called Fibre Space.
I got down to business with two balls of Freia's Fibers. One of Pixie and the other of Nightshade. I love this yarn. A soft and yummy blend of 70% merino and 30% silk.
The pattern is the Electric Boogaloo Cowl by Tina Whitmore and available on Ravelry.
I worked on this cowl during those times that so often seem like wasted time. 
The time when Darling Husband is driving you to the supermarket, or waiting at the MVA. (This is my actual slip from the MVA. I waited there for about an hour for my number to be called. Thank goodness I brought the knitting.)
Those little moments of waiting are perfect for stitching up a couple rows. The pattern is simple and the yarn really shines.
I'm so glad I tried this pattern and this yarn. I have two more balls of Freia's Fibers so I'm all set to get stitching!

Have you discovered any new local shops? What about a new product that was such a wonderful surprise?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.