Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Zombie Apocalypse

Last year during Quilters Quest I picked up this stack of fat quarters.
Just in time for All Hallows I managed to not finish a quilt. Read on to see the finished quilt top and wish me luck in finishing it before next October.
The prints are such fun. Since so many of these are larger prints, I decided to cut the blocks really big to showcase the fabric. I just didn't want to chop up the cute little zombies.
I pulled some solids from my stash to have a little more to work with. I cut the larger blocks and then used the leftovers to make the smaller blocks and added the green sashing to two sides.
A wider border pens all those zombies inside.
I had about a yard of the orange, so that's what ended up being the binding.

I've put the top away until I find a good backing for it. The finished top is around 52" by 52" so I will have to piece it and I don't have more of these prints to do it. Maybe I'll find a good backing in my shopping travels. Even though it isn't a finish, I'm putting it in the category of Sew My Stash 2015 because I did pull all the fabrics for the top and binding from my stash.

The bonus block:
I also made a block to send off to become one small part of the #zombiehugquilt. Because it just seemed right.

Did you make a quilt for All Hallows? I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.