Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Sparkle - A Scrap Quilt Finish

Last month I shared a scrappy quilt I made during the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild annual retreat.
I got back to work on it. I loaded up my backing, batting and quilt top. Basted it on the frame and got quilting.
I had planned on using several quilting motifs, but mostly it ended up just being a bunch of swirls. I like swirls.
I also planned on using several colors of thread. I ended up using only two colors. A somewhat mustard color that blended with the borders and white for the big white section.
Some feathers made there way into the quilting, too. Not many, but a few.
The backing isn't as dark as this makes it look. The lighting is what one would expect from gloomy winter days and early sunsets.
After about a week, I finished the quilting. Working it in an hour or so a night after work is really a challenge.
Quilted and bound! See how the white spot looks like an explosion? That turned out better than I thought it might.

The bin for 4.5" squares is running low. It might be a long time before I make another one of these. The 12.5" bin is getting full, though, so expect another big block scrappy quilt in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.