Monday, December 4, 2017

Mystery Quilt: On Ringo Lake

Time for part 2!

This year I have changed up the colors for the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt. Check out last week's post where I shared my colors

This week, we're making tiny flying geese units. Head over to Bonnie's On Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt page to see all the steps and the link-up information. 
Saturday morning I used the Wrights 4.5" Easy Angle and the Wrights Companion Angle to cut my pieces. I don't have as much diversity in the prints for this color, but I think the scrappiness of the rest of the fabrics will keep things interesting. Bonnie provides directions on several methods to make the flying geese units. There are loads more out there. Try a few to see what you like.
I cut what seemed like a thousand (for piece counts you have to go read Bonnie's page). I stacked them all up and am working on them a little at a time. Now that the cutting is done, I can work on these during the week when I have a little bit time. 
I finished a few and I'm really happy with the accuracy I get using these tools. 

All the information on the mystery quilt can be found on Bonnie Hunter's blog. There is a ton of other information there including tutorials and free quilt and block designs. She is an excellent teacher and I recommend checking out her site even if you don't want to join in the mystery quilt fun.

Cutting tools: Wrights 4.5" Easy Angle and Wrights Companion Angle

Linking up with Bonnie's link-party. Check out her post On Ringo Lake Mystery Monday Link-Up, Part 2 to see all the other links people are sharing. Hundreds of quilters link up to share their progress.

3 comments:

  1. I love the colors of your geese! Your quilt will be beautiful! I had intended to use the two rulers that you used, but I forgot and cut a bunch of squares and rectangles, so I'm doing the stitch and flip ones. I don't know how so many people are/were already done with the second clue by Sunday/Monday linkups. I've spent hours on my geese and I only have half of them made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely gorgeous! I am also doing a black-background version of the MQ so I am really enjoying your color scheme!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.