Friday, December 1, 2017

Felted Slippers: Felfs!

I received a bunch of yarn from Aunt Betty that is suitable for felting.
I tried to knit up some slippers and they turned out okay. This was my own design, but there are similar patterns available on Ravelry.
Even better after felting, which was the idea.

I decided I wanted to try something new so I poked around Ravelry until I discovered Felfs. If you want to try knitting for felting, but are a beginning knitter, these are a great way to start out. The Art of Felfs by Cat Bordhi is a great introduction to felting.
You don't have to be able to knit anything fancy. No purling, just knit flat.
There is a link to the video to show you how to stitch them up into slipper shapes.
And detailed instructions on felting. I felted these in my top-loading washing machine. One time through the regular wash cycle with hot water. They turned out great and I see more than a few of these in my future. I have some Cascade 220 (100% wool) that I think will felt nicely, too. I need to make a swatch to see how it felts. While my sample was worked in a single color, the color options on these are really interesting because of the construction.

Pattern: The Art of Felfs by Cat Bordhi
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Worsted by Brown Sheep
Needles: Knit Picks Options Interchangeable Nickel Plated Circular Knitting Needle Set

1 comment:

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.