Friday, August 3, 2018

Bravo Zulu, Coast Guard!

I've been continuing to work through the tutorials for my embroidery design software. It's slow going and I'm sure I'm only using part of what the software is capable of. I am learning, though.
I've had this design on my mind for a while now. If you aren't a sailor, or you don't know one, this might not make any sense. The two flags are Bravo and Zulu.
Bravo Zulu indicates a job well done. I wanted to tell a fellow sailor I thought they had done a good job on a recent project and this was my way of saying 'well done!' The final design isn't perfect, but it says what it needs to say and put a smile on at least one sailor's face, which was good enough for me.

For those of you that might not know, tomorrow the U.S. Coast Guard will celebrate its 228th birthday. Don't forget to wish a Coast Guardsman a happy birthday and give them a hearty Bravo Zulu!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.