Friday, August 17, 2018

Ocean City Maryland

Since our last trip to Ocean City Maryland was rained out, we decided to take a day during the week to go and people watch. I grabbed my current crochet project for the drive. This is a free design on Ravelry called Small Fans Shawl. It is really just a chart, not a pattern. If you are comfortable with charts, then you should check it out. Easy to memorize and quick to work with a great finish. 
Last time we were there we discovered that if you park at the Park and Ride near the outlet mall in Ocean City, you can take the Beach Bus across the bridge.
The fare is reasonable ($3 all day during the 2018 season) and the parking is free. 
We started our walk at the inlet. I will admit, I was spending more time watching the people than learning about Ocean City

Down on the boardwalk, we came across the Ocean City Firefighter Memorial. I had to stop and take a couple photos.
My uncle was a firefighter for many years and I wanted to share this with him. I texted both images to him shortly after taking them.
 There is always something interesting flying on the beach across from The Kite Loft.
One of my favorite things is finding art scatter throughout the places we wander. This wasn't the only piece I found, but it was the one I stopped to photograph. 
On the way home, we stopped in Berlin, MD. I was hoping to stop in to a yarn shop there but they were closed before their posted 5pm closure. Oh, well, maybe another time. It isn't like I'll run out of yarn anytime soon. 

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a fun place to visit. Thanks for taking us along virtually!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.