Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Shopping Totes

On a rainy afternoon I dropped by Spring Water Designs to share my Get It Done UFO Challenge Quilt and to do a little shopping. I do try not to buy a bunch of fabric throughout the year because I really do have enough fabric. But... I've been wanting to try out one of the Dream Big panels by Hoffman Fabric. So I picked on out. Then, of course I needed some backing fabric.
And, this fun cat print on black was back with the sale fabrics so I had to buy the almost 2 yards they had left. I will admit, if I really like the fabric, and the bolt is low, I'm very tempted to buy the whole thing. This time I lucked out that it wasn't even two yards.
Then I had to figure out what to do with it. The free tote pattern from the Green Bag Lady seemed a great choice. I love this pattern for using up fabric that I couldn't resist or that I ended up with after a visit from Aunt Betty. I made three totes and had to add the little bit left over to my collection. Maybe I should avoid the fabric store.

Have you been lured in by a fabric you had to have even though you didn't know what you were going to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.