Friday, July 26, 2019

Cranked Socks

My first pair of cranked socks are almost done.
Because I wanted to have something to show for my first week with my sock knitting machine, I grabbed a single 50 gram ball of Knit Picks Felici and got cranking.
I decided to go with hand-finished heels and toes but wanted to give the hung hem a go. I put in waste yarn for the afterthought heels (that's what the strange red strand is all about).
I picked up for the toes and got knitting.
I knit in the car.
And I knit waiting for dinner.
I almost finished the toes. I did not, however, finish by Friday morning. I'm still practicing turning heels and toes on the machine and I am making progress.  Just last night I turned the first heel with no holes! It sounds so silly to be crowing about not dropping stitches, but it is so much easier to do than you think. I'll keep plugging away at it and hopefully with have something more to show next week. I see many more of these in my future, if only because I like the bull's eye you get with hand-finished heels and toes. That's something the sock knitting machine doesn't do.

For those of you sad to see so little quilting, I will have to apologize. It is entirely too hot in my studio to work on quilts right now. I'm sure that will change with the seasons. That's when I will be wearing socks and working on quilting.

2019 sock knitting count:

  • Cranked socks: none, yet
  • Hybrid socks: almost 1 pair (partially cranked and partially hand-knit)
  • Hand knit socks: 1 pair

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.