Monday, July 29, 2019

Cranked Socks

I don't usually have much time during the week to work on projects. Between work, dinner, family time, and sleep there isn't much time during the week to practice on my knitting machine. This week I squeezed in a solitary turned heel. I was overly proud of it even if it is destined to be ripped back and put into a different project. 
Later in the week I decided to try again. This tangled mess is what happened to the toe. I don't recall what went awry, only that it did. That ball winder of mine is getting as much action as my sock knitting machine. 
Saturday morning I sat down, watched a YouTube or two, and got cranking. I managed to get through the heel and the toe without any issues. 
I followed that up with a second sock in no time. Some time with the Tricksy Knitter Kitchener Cheat Sheet and I had a pair of finished socks before lunchtime. They aren't perfect, but I didn't drop a stitch I couldn't pick up and they are wearable. Everyone on my holiday gift list should expect socks. Because that's what I'll be making.

Great heel and toe video by Jamie Mayfield.

2019 sock knitting count:

  • Cranked socks: 1 pair
  • Hybrid socks: almost 1 pair (partially cranked and partially hand-knit)
  • Hand knit socks: 1 pair

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.