Monday, May 9, 2022

Promness

Eighteen embroidered, organza butterflies. 
Two rose motifs. 
One layer of navy chiffon behind one layer of butterfly tulle. 
I placed the flower motifs but repositioned over the shoulder seams. 
The cape from the back. 
The vest from the front. 

None of this is as important as how it made the prom-goer feel. The report from Friday night was that they positively glowed. Which is the goal of prom. A night to make you feel special and ethereal. I'm glad I was part of this journey. It was a pleasure to take a hand drawn design and create a final garment that made them feel special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.