Friday, July 8, 2022

Machine Knitting

I came across a video on YouTube that explained how to make a simple beanie on the LK150. Since I'm in the learning stages with the flat bed knitting machine I thought it would be a great way to learn some new tricks, or apply what I know to a practical project. 
I used almost all of the weights for this one. The crown decreases are made manually so it is a little slow going. Still faster than my hand knitting. 
When it came off the machine I knew it was going to be too large for my little melon. 
I finished it by hand and I am so happy with the result. 
Here is an inside view of that seam. I was pleasantly surprised by how neatly this finished even on the inside. It is nearly invisible on the outside.

Overall this was a great project and I'm sure there will be more beanies in my future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.