Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Scrap Crazy Templates

I've had this set of Creative Grids templates for years and years. I think I experimented with a single block but hadn't used them to make a quilt. This is the Scrap Crazy 6" set that lets you make a 6" finished block using some fun shapes. I grabbed this stack of fabrics and got cutting. 
I narrowed my selections to four prints. These fabrics were left over from quilt backings from charity quilts. I carefully selected my colors so the B piece would be the darkest. 
The blocks make up quickly. 
I placed them to get this fun pinwheel. 
I added a dark 1" border and a light 3" border to finish up the top. 

I really liked how simple it was to cut my scraps into strips and cut the individual shapes. The top was cut and pieced quickly. This is just one of many potential layouts. I'm excited to use these templates again and charity quilts is a great way to play with the different layouts. 

1 comment:

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.