Monday, August 15, 2022

Felted Slippers

I decided to give felted slippers another chance. This was my second attempt. I make major changes to the design I was using and I'm much happier with this style. Yarn is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes. It felts up so nicely. 
These are knit flat on the LK150 knitting machine and then the sides are seamed by hand. The color changes are partially a style choice and partially to assist with lining up that hand seaming. 
This time the felting was just awesome! Unfortunately, I didn't knit them big enough so these are really a child's size. I learned so much making them. I learned how this knit fabric felted (so great!) and how many rows I need to knit to get an inch of felted material. The next pair will be so much better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.