Friday, August 12, 2022

Machine Knitting

Sometimes when I get a little stressed I think I need more fabric or yarn. This past week was a yarn week. I popped over to the nearest craft store (big box craft store) and bought some Lion Brand Yarn. Most of this is Shawl in a Ball (discontinued, so if you like this ombre yarn head to your nearest big box store and stock up), with a couple balls of Heartland. It seems I was in the mood for purples. 
I used the Shawl in a Ball yarn to make a couple shawls on the LK 150. I made two different shawls with this colorway.
Both use short rows for shaping. This one, is a narrow triangle shawl that uses short rows with simple increases and decreases to shape the shawl. It also uses an interesting technique to make the fringe as you knit the shawl. 
I still need to finish the fringe. I really like this shape and will likely make another but leave out the fringe. This shawl used less than a full ball of Shawl in a Ball. 
The next one uses short rows to create multiple pie pieces that results in a half circle shawl. The colors of the yarn make this stunning. 
This shawl used more than a single ball of Shawl in a Ball. It is the same colorway as the first shawl and I have very little left over after using an entire ball and what was left over from the first shawl. I used a simple eyelet edging
What I really love about this shawl is the I-cord edging across the straight edge. It was the first time I enjoyed making an I-cord bind off and the results are so worth it. Now I need to figure out how to use this short row technique to make a poncho. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.