Thursday, May 24, 2012

Doodles

After watching some of the videos on YouTube about long-arm quilting, I realized that I should pick up a sketchpad and make some doodles.  Doodles or scribbles or whatever you want to call them, help me set the motion of the quilted line into my mind making the motion of the long-arm more fluid and confident.

While there are other doodles in that notebook, these are the few that I found by accident.  Lily pads was designed specifically for a quilt a friend of mine is working on for her son. 
Pea pods was just an accident when playing with lines and pebbles.
Large ocean swirls happened when I was working from a pattern I saw on the internet and it... changed to become something new and different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.