Saturday, May 5, 2012

Spring Race

My friend picked up this wonderfully bright little jelly roll.  I picked out some coordinating prints from my stash to add to it and help with the continuity between the quilt and the border and binding.
I raced along until I had about the right size.  This is slightly over-sized for a crib quilt, but I'm not going to let that slow me down. 
I only added borders to the top and bottom of quilt.  This will bring the binding right up to the pieced edges, but I was running low on coordinating prints.  This wasn't the time to add another print to the mix.
I found a good yellow, floral print for the back and layered it all together on the long-arm frame.  I really like how these colors go together.  Bright and playful.
The doodle I had for the quilting on this is nothing like what happened on the quilt. 
This large peacock feather just sort of stitched its way across the quilt.  Yet again, the quilt is telling me what it wants to become.  Time to attached the binding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.