Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Charity Quilting: Minnie

I have several quilt tops made by other members of the Annapolis Quilts for Kids chapter.
On Tuesday, I loaded up the long arm and got quilting.  I've had a couple of these charity quilts waiting to be quilted.  A basting stitch to keep everything stable for quilting.  I used Magnifico for the top thread.  I love the shine this poly thread gives to the finished piece.  It is also a very strong thread.
I did a fun clam motif in the outer border.  The inner border was treated as one area with the main body of the quilt.
 The blocks were treated as one big area and quilted the same.
These flowers built on a center swirl were used to fill in the entire center space of the quilt.  This is one of my favorite motifs and is great for filling space quickly and adding loads of texture.
I think the two motifs really bring this little quilt alive.  After trimming I will send the quilt to another member of the Annapolis Quilts for Kids for the binding to be attached.

1 comment:

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.