Tuesday, June 10, 2014

NC Maker Faire

Over the weekend, we traveled to Raleigh, North Carolina, to attend the NC Maker Faire.  If you've never been to a Maker Faire, I highly recommend you check the site and find one near you.  This is a great event that has something for children of all ages.
I went to the NC Maker Faire to help out Susan from The Bored Zombie.  She had posted that she was going to run a booth and make quilt blocks.  This is totally what I'm about so I couldn't pass it up.  (For the record, I took my camera, but promptly forgot it in the camper so all the pictures I got were from my phone.)

You can read all about the crowd-sourcing project over on The Bored Zombie.  I was there to help with the pressing, the trimming and the sewing.  I had an absolute blast.  Partly because I was totally in my element and because I love talking about all things quilting and sewing.
I could bore you with some more pictures of Maker Faire or just encourage you to GO to Maker Faire.  There are mini faires all over the country.  All over the world!  Go, make!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like everyone had an excellent time. It's the best talking to people about sewing and really sparking there interest. I really need to start making it to these types of events. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ack, I'm completely in love with the Bowser quilt! I would try to be all cool sounding and say it is epic, like my kids would, but I think I'm just too old to fool anyone ;) the little bunny is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool that you got to meet up with Susan and help out at the Faire. What a great way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.