Monday, August 14, 2017

Big Damn Tote

As some of you may know, I'm a big fan of the television series Firefly. The single season was a great time and I was sad Joss Whedon had only that one season and one movie to tell us a small piece of the story of the 'verse and "them that choose it".
Spoonflower is a great place to find custom print fabrics to create fun projects. This Firefly themed print is one of those fabrics that makes a Browncoat smile. This is the second time I've used this print. The first time I used the Eco Canvas. This is the Heavy Cotton Twill. It is the perfect weight fabric to make sturdy totes.
I used cotton strapping I picked up at a local big box craft store for the strap. It seems a small thing, but it does speed construction. The tote is a roomy 18" by 18" with a square bottom approximately 4" deep. Perfect for toting all sorts of things.
I didn't really want to send this bag off to its new home halfway across the country but it was made as a special request. Because Browncoats have to stick together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.