Wednesday, August 30, 2017

What I did on my Summer Vacation - PA Renaissance Faire

We set out for a week-long adventure. The first stop was Pennsylvania. Yes, I know, when you live in Maryland how is Pennsylvania your first stop.
We wanted to go to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire. I took about three photographs the entire day we were at the Faire. It was great! This was our first year attending and I'm glad we went. We ate badly, likely didn't drink enough water, and tasted a bunch of wine and mead. We saw a few shows and basically had a good time spending time with each other and watching people.
We saw magicians, jugglers, and the royal falconer with his amazing friends. This owl didn't want any part of the show. It was an excellent demonstration. Check out Knightwings on Facebook to learn more about the birds of prey.
Someone had asked about painted rocks. You can Google that one to see some of what people are doing. I think I want to put together a small painting kit to take with me to leave painted rocks at the camp sites we visit. I didn't really need another reason to go to the craft store.
Across the street from the Faire is this amazing place - Divine Swine. I'm sure I will have to walk 20 extra miles to get rid of the pulled pork we had for dinner but it was worth it.
We spent the night at Thousand Trails in Lebanon, PA. The park was almost full when we got there. The only downside for us was the club membership offer was a little strong. We got a call about a week later to ask us, again, if we wanted to save on camping by joining the club. Overall, not a bad place to spend the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.