Monday, November 27, 2017

Mystery Quilt: On Ringo Lake

Every year Bonnie Hunter shares a mystery quilt with the quilting world. She is generous with her inspiration and her time. She provides the mystery quilt as a wonderful teaching tool that also lets thousands of her followers try one of her patterns for free.

This year will be my fourth mystery quilt with Bonnie. I'm really looking forward to it. This year it is called On Ringo Lake. You can learn about the quilt on Bonnie's blog Quiltville. This is my first post about the mystery.
As happens every year, I break with the provided colors and choose my own palette.
I've chosen some amazing greens that range from a somewhat yellow-green to a fun chartreuse.
Then, we have the pinks. I didn't have a great selection of these in my collection of fabric, but there should be plenty in these three cuts.
I really liked this low-volume print so I bought enough for the project. Maybe I should have bought more.
Finally, the background will be made up of blacks and mostly blacks (white on black prints). I really like this stark contrast.
Last Friday, November 24th, was the first clue. A simple clue that pushes you go be accurate with your cutting and piecing was the perfect warm up for the rest of the quilt.

Linking up with Bonnie's link-party. Check out her post On Ringo Lake Mystery Monday Link-Up, Part 1 to see all the other links people are sharing. Hundreds of quilters link up to share their progress.

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your progress! Your fabrics look very modern to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your color scheme! So striking and modern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is going to be an eye-popper. LOVE it!!! I'll be looking forward to updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, your colors are awesome! Your blog is new to me, I'm adding you to my reader. I found you through the link on Bonnie's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chartreuse and black - simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will be watching to see how your version comes alive - interesting colors!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.