Friday, August 9, 2019

Cranked Socks

All aboard the sock train!
When I'm trying to accomplish something I roll from one sock right into the next. This is what I call a sock train. Knit a sock, add some waste yarn, knit another socks, add some more waste yarn, repeat. This way I really only have to set up to knit once. From there I can just keep adding to the train. This was my Saturday afternoon sock train. It looks like four socks, but there were only two good ones in there. The other two were wound back up and are ready to be knit again.
If you've ever dropped a stitch while knitting, you might be familiar with picking up dropped stitches. I didn't pick these up. I knit on until I could add some waste yarn, and started another sock. Because I'm not stopping to fix something that is faster to rip and re-knit. I'll just move on and return to this sock later.
The Sunday sock train was six socks long. Two were bad and four were good. This is where a couple from Saturday got knit back up.
Last year I dyed some yarn using a couple egg coloring kits.
I had it caked up and it seemed perfect for making some socks. The leg and foot of the socks are somewhat ho-hum, but the short-row heels are great!
On Sunday afternoon I had two finished pairs and one odd purple sock, and one odd egg color sock.  So many socks to knit! On the top is my favorite set-up bonnet.

2019 sock knitting count:
  • Cranked socks: 6 pair (+2 odd socks)
  • Hybrid socks: 1 pair (partially cranked and partially hand-knit) and pair #2 picked up and started. 
  • Hand knit socks: 1 pair

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.