Friday, August 2, 2019

Cranked Socks

Contrast heels and toes
During the learning process I've avoided some steps just so I can be confident with straightforward sock knitting. This means I focused on setup and consistent tension. Then I focused on technique, meaning being able to consistently knit heels and toes on the machine. Now that I have those things master to the point I'm not ripping back every-other sock, I can play with changing yarn along the way. This was my first go at a contrast heel. I totally messed up the toe and had to rip all the way back. I joke that my Stanwood ball winder is getting as much use as my sock knitting machine.
I did manage to make a pair with contrast heels and toes. I'm overly proud of this accomplishment. I know I said I had to wait forever for the machine to show up, and the learning curve was not a thing to trifle with, but I am super pleased with my purchase. Five stars, would buy again, as the young people say. So much Kitchener stitching in my future.

2019 sock knitting count:
  • Cranked socks: 3 pair
  • Hybrid socks: almost 1 pair (partially cranked and partially hand-knit)
  • Hand knit socks: 1 pair

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.