Monday, August 5, 2019

Hybrid Socks

I know I'm sock obsessed. It's summer. I don't want to go outside. I don't want to sweat. I would rather sit in the air conditioning and knit socks. At least I'll be ready for gift giving this winter.
I've been working on these hybrid socks (partially machine knit and finished by hand) for a couple weeks now. 
I managed to finish the heels over the weekend. They fit as well as hand-knit socks made with afterthought heels. A fine project if you like take-along projects.
I even started another pair of hybrid socks. This time with the dark rainbow Knit Picks Felici and some electric blue.

2019 sock knitting count:
  • Cranked socks: 3 pair
  • Hybrid socks: 1 pair (partially cranked and partially hand-knit), working on pair #2
  • Hand knit socks: 1 pair

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.