Friday, December 29, 2017

2017 Quilt Finishes

I wanted to collect my finished objects for the year. I have included only quilt finishes in this post. I've only included projects I pieced and quilted.

January
In January I finished this quilt for a friend. It was a long trek to get it finished, but it was finished. You can learn more about this quilt in a post from January.

February
Hocus Pocus was a quilt I designed, pieced, and quilted in February. It was challenging but I think it turned out great. If I design another medallion quilt I will do things differently but that doesn't diminish my love for this quilt. You can learn more about this quilt in a post from February.
I also finished Vivid Pink in February. This was made using the graphic black and white print from a fabric challenge I thought I would participate in.

March
I finished this fun holiday print quilt in March. I have so many charm packs it is nice to get some of them off the shelves and into a quilt. I call this one Reindeer Games. You can learn more about this quilt in a post from March.

April
This is by far one of my favorite finishes of 2017. I call it you can't take the sky from me. If you are a Firefly fan, or even a Joss Whedon fan, you likely know what this means. You can learn more about this quilt in a post from April.

May
It seems I didn't finish a quilt in May. Perhaps I was too exhausted from the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival.

June
Countdown to Christmas was another finish this year. I'll get these holiday prints out of my studio in finished quilt form and vow to not buy any more. You can learn more about this quilt in a post from June.

July
In July I finished Increased By a quilt I designed using a vintage block to give to one of my high school friends on the occasion of her wedding. This project got in front of everything else for July, but I don't mind. You can learn more about this quilt in a post from July.
I also finished up Pieced Love in July. You can learn more about this quilt in a post from July.

August
In August I put together several of the Row by Row kits I picked up in California in July. They may not quite qualify as a quilt, but I did assemble several rows.

September
Sadly, I did not finish a quilt in September. I did get around to quilting my En Provence, though. You can learn more about this quilt in a post from September.

October
Early in October I finished this fun little quilt called Zombie Jamboree. You can learn more about this quilt in this post from October.
I also finished the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt from last winter, En Provence. You can find more information in this post from October. Machine-finished binding is my friend.

November
In November, I finished two quilt tops. The first was this one using 1930s reproduction fabrics. You can find more information in this post from November.
The second was this great scrappy quilt I pieced during the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild annual retreat. You can find more information in this post from November. And this one was finished in December.

December
Quilted and bound in December! You can learn more about this quilt in this post from December.

It seems I blogged about ten or eleven quilt finishes for the year. Still a respectable year. I'll be putting my 2018 list together over the holiday weekend. I'm sure I can be just as productive in 2018. I hope your 2017 was a good year filled with the things you enjoy doing. I hope next year is filled with joy.

1 comment:

  1. These are all lovely! I didn't realize you were also in Maryland! I'm in Frederick County. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.