Monday, July 10, 2017

Increased By - Quilting and Binding

I loaded up the backing (wide backing from Spring Water Designs), batting, and the top. I stared at the quilt for a little while on the frame, trying to come up with a plan. At first I used only a coordinating teal color to quilt in the background sections including the sashing and border.
I went back to quilt the plus shape in the center with orange thread. I like this blue and orange color combination.
On the back, you can see the quilting a little better. The quilt is densely quilting but I think it really works with this quilt. I think the piecing will outshine the quilting on this quilt.
I think it took almost all of a Saturday to quilt.
I used this bright batik for binding. I accordion fold my binding and never have problems with the binding becoming tangled.
I finished the binding by machine for a quick finish. You can read about how I attach and finish binding in this post. I've also got some other binding tips posted.
This quilt was made for a childhood friend for her wedding. Congratulations to the bride and groom! The label was embroidered directly onto the backing fabric prior to quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.