Friday, November 17, 2017

Recreating a Memory in Fabric

A few months ago I wrote this post about the name of this quilt block. The block design was taken from a quilt my husband received from his grandmother more than 40 years ago.
I had a stack of 1930s reproduction prints that I thought would be perfect for this quilt. I cut the pieces to make 25 of these blocks during the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild retreat.
I managed to finish all but one of those blocks as I misplaced a single square.
I arranged the blocks and pieced the rows.
Then I sewed them together. Now I need to buy fabric for an outer border and some backing.
Here are a couple of the original blocks faced and ready to be mounted and framed. That quilt earned its rest. I used this tutorial to attach the facing to these blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.