Monday, September 25, 2017

Quiltville Mystery Quilt 2016: Quilting En Provence

It has been months since I worked on En Provence!, Bonnie Hunter's 2016 Mystery Quilt. I participated the last couple years with Grand Illusion and then Allietare and really enjoyed the process. I've shared my progress on clue #1clue #2clue #3clue #4, clue #5, and clues #6 and #7
I created my embroidered label with my embroidery software, 5D Embroidery. I couldn't find an online source for the software. If you are interested in embroidery design software I recommend you ask your embroidery machine retailer about it. Many shops have classes you can take to learn how to design your own embroidery.
Like most of Bonnie Hunter's quilts, this one is no slouch when it comes to size. I spent the majority of an evening quilting and only managed to finish about half the quilt. I decided to quilt with an all-over swirl design. The piecing is busy enough I didn't want to compete with detailed quilting.
My goal with the mystery quilt is to finish before the next mystery quilt comes out. We still have a month or more before the colors are announced and another month after that before the clues begin. I'm looking forward to another great mystery quilt in November.

You can buy En Provence as a digital download directly from Quiltville.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.