Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Pieced Love

The June 2017 UFO Challenge was number 1. Spring Water Designs was trying to keep me on-track to finish so many things this year. I made great progress until June when I was invited to a wedding and couldn't resist designing and making a quilt just to celebrate the occasion. Of course this means I didn't get the June quilt finished.  
I did manage to get back into the swing of things with July. July is number 6, the heart quilt that I have been working on for what seems like forever. The heart blocks can be made in several sizes using a free tutorial by Cluck Cluck Sew! Big blocks (mine are 10" by 10") make up quickly and are a great group project for a quick quilt. These were made with some scraps I hadn't yet gotten to trimming down.
I wasn't sure how I was going to quilt this one, but as if by magic the machine quilted swirls and loved it.
To keep with the many fabrics of the hearts I pulled some lengths of leftover binding from my bin of leftovers and pieced several together. This is so much faster than making binding from a single piece of fabric. And I love scrappy.
I attached and finished the binding by machine for a quick finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.